Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just Me

Hello Everyone. Tonjia politely reminded me that I needed to make another post on my blog:) I just need a little nudge from time to time. Today was pretty uneventful although yesterday not the case. Jerry Wayne got his perm dorm room yesterday so he was moving after he got off work. Talked to him numerous times and then we texted back and forth until after midnight last night. Talk about pooped!! Anyhow, JW and I had various conversations on how I thought he should decorate his dorm room! LOL! I just cant stop being Mom I guess. No really....he has a really nice kitchen for it being a dorm. I got off the phone with him and lo and behold, here came all the thoughts of what I think he needs! I did not even think of this before he left because his Dad didnt have a kitchen while at his first duty station or any other dorm for that matter. Microwaves were not invented yet!!! LOL Jerry Wayne couldnt believe all this as I was telling him last night. So anyways..... I am thinking, curtains, dishes, silverware, toaster, coffee pot, dish towels, paper towel holder and on and on and on! My brain would not shut off! So, in the midst of a hot flash at 12:30 last night, (at least that's what I think it was, although Dr.s would say I am too young, HA) I get up and start shopping on Targets website. Well, I found all kinds of stuff. Hoping the Target right off base at Tinker carries everything so I dont have to ship it. I know, curtains are not something for JW since he is a guy, I am just not used to all this bachelor living, especially when it's our son!!!! The other stuff, he will definitely use though.

Light bulb just went off! Next time I can't sleep, I just need to get on here and let it fly!

I will try to post some more pictures tomorrow. They are on the other computer.

Happy Evening to everyone:) Toodles!!

3 comments:

Tonjia said...

And I came over to check and see if you posted! LOLOL

I am so excited for Jerry! It is going to be very nice to have a permanent dorm at least for a while. Will he be at Tinker for 2 yrs??

Did you know that you can order from Walmart online and have it shipped to him???

By the way, doctors lie.. Hot flashes SUCK!!!!

Debbie said...

Kim, yep, next time hop on and write up a storm LOL

I'm guessing he doesn't have a roommate, so this is good. I know you enjoyed doing all that shopping (wink-wink)! Making his room feel more like home will help him get settled also.

I remember all we had in dorm was a small fridge and the bathroom was WAY down the hall LOL. A kitchen? Wow...

You're doing great on posting!!

Lea said...

Hey Kim!

great post, nudge-nudge, wink-wink! (Thanks, Tonjia!)

Cool news about JW's dorm room! Makes me all excited for Avivah's some day soon... like July. :)

Sending you smiles,
Lea